You can now also follow A Love Train on Tumblr:

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Power of Love Songs

A beautiful post written by Enrico Gala:
The Power of LOVE Songs, no matter how human and, therefore, imperfect and with limited scopes, can’t help but bear traces of divine love. It’s amazing that with some simple tunes and lyrics, they can make us fly to infinity, to eternity. This is simply because these love songs have GOD as their ultimate inspiration. GOD is LOVE, and anything related to love in our life somehow begins and ends with GOD. This is true even if we are not aware of this reality. These songs can be very dramatic. and we can easily excuse them when they exaggerated a little, or even a lot. They exercise tremendous power over us, generating a manifold of impulse that are all meaningful and satisfying to us.. 
Singing or humming them, or simply playing them in our mind or in our heart without sound, can evoke peace, joy, thrill, suspense, longing, hope, memories, tears, a smile , a reconciliation, reflections, an embrace, a kiss, etc.. etc.. This is the power of LOVE SONGS
With their melody, they easily arouse our senses, activate our emotions and passions. With their words and messages, they can crackle to life and intense activity our intelligence and heart. Before we know it, we become aware there’s something burning within us. We are brought to different worlds, go through the past, the present, and the future, made to consider various situations and precious lessons. If we are lucky, they can even lead us to GOD— as they should, in the end. 
There was one song that caught my attention immediately the melody struck me first, but it was the lyrics that hooked me to sing it. It goes like this “If it takes forever/ I will wait for you./ For a thousand summers / I will wait you.” That may sound corny to some, but to my innocent ears then, it gave me tremendous lessons. LOVE knows how to WAIT! The realization came with the wonder and surprise of a dicovery. Imagine the thrill….. Anybody knows or hear the songs entitled ” A THOUSAND YEARS.” 
The same idea is dramatized in a modern and secular way. Again the music first got me intrigued. It has a different and haunting beat. But the words are just marvelous. As people say, they are to die for. It goes: Like a Star @ heaven “A thousand years/ a thousand more/ a thousand times a million doors to eternity.” I find these words graphic enough of what is to WAIT. 
When one is INLOVE the distinction between a moment and an eternity dissolves. The idea is reiterated in finer nuances, making you flow in a beautiful stream of consciousmess. ” If it takes another thousand years/ a thousand wars/.. I could shed another million tears/ a million breaths/ ….A million suns/ ten million years of uncertainty…” All of these because, ” If there was a single truth/ a single light/ a single thought/ a singular touch of GRACE,” the truth is ” I’ve kept this single faith/ I have but one belief/ I STILL LOVE YOU/ I STILL WANT YOU.”
The song ends very powerfully: A thousand times the mysteries unfold themselves/ like galaxies in my head/ On and on the mysteries unwind themselves/ eternities still unsaid ‘TILL YOU LOVE ME.

I MUST SAY THAT THE SONG HELPS ME TO PRAY. WHEN I CONSIDER THE WORDS, AND OF COURSE, WHEN I HEAR THE MELODY, I THINK OF HOW OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD AND ONE ANOTHER SHOULD BE.

I realize that GOD, whos is love and who loves us first before we know how to loves, precisely WAITS for us in TIME and in ETERNITY, willing to suffer whatever, if only we learn to love the way he loves us…….
LOVE BEARS, ENDURES AND CONQUERS ALL BECAUSE GOD IS LOVE …..  

A thousand years, a thousand more, 
A thousand times a million doors to eternity 
I may have lived a thousand lives, a thousand times
An endless turning stairway climbs 
To a tower of souls 
If it takes another thousand years, a thousand wars, 
The towers rise to numberless floors in space
I could she'd another million tears, a million breaths,
A million names but only one truth to face

A million roads, a million fears
A million suns, ten million years of uncertainty 
I could speak a million lies, a million songs,
A million rights, a million wrongs in this balance of time
But if there was a single truth, a single light
A single thought, a singular touch of grace
Then following this single point , this single flame,
The single haunted memory of your face 

I still love you 
I still want you
A thousand times the mysteries unfold themselves 
Like galaxies in my head

I may be numberless, I may be innocent 
I may know many things, I may be ignorant 
Or I could ride with kings and conquer many lands
Or win this world at cards and let it slip my hands 
I could be cannon food, destroyed a thousand times 
Reborn as fortune's child to judge another's crimes 
Or wear this pilgrim's cloak, or be a common thief 
I've kept this single faith, I have but one belief

I still love you 
I still want you
A thousand times the mysteries unfold themselves 
Like galaxies in my head
On and on the mysteries unwind themselves 
Eternities still unsaid 
'Til you love me

No comments: