You can now also follow A Love Train on Tumblr:

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Christmas Memories

City of Dionne is a wonderful blog. In fact, it is one of the first that I ever started reading. Here is a post she wrote about Christmas loves and memories:


One month until Christmas.

Photobucket

I love Christmas shopping. Not the long lines or the schlepping around from store to store, but finding the perfect gifts for people. And of course, Christmas isn't all about the gifts - it's ultimately about celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, but I do love the seasonal festivities and music that pop up this time of year.

I have so many fond Christmas memories from my childhood right up until last year. They are like little video clips in my head that I pull out from time to time and smile just thinking about. Here are a few:

- Watching my brother with Down Syndrome laugh uncontrollably every year while watching "Home Alone 2". This has made it my favorite Christmas movie.
- Brian and I telling each other we loved each other for the first time; this was the first Christmas that we were dating.
- Waking up on a hot Australian summer Christmas morning to "snowy sled tracks" outside that my parents had made with freezer ice scrapings.
- My parents opening up their home to over 30 people each year to come celebrate Jesus' birthday with our family.
- Mum's zany Christmas decorations.
- The day after Christmas in Australia is the big "Boxing Day Test" cricket match. To feel closer to home, my American friends and I played a game of cricket in the freezing cold.
- Perry Como and Nat King Cole Christmas music.
- Visiting old-fashioned toy shops and candy stores back before Playstations and computers were a household item.
What are some of yours?

1 comment:

Bridget said...

love those pictures.