You can now also follow A Love Train on Tumblr:

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thoughts I Met on the Highway

I decided that if I don't have any posts from bloggers on a particular day that I would randomly also just post things on love. I was reading the following last weekend and I wanted to share it:

THOUGHTS I MET ON THE HIGHWAY
by Ralph Waldo Trine

Tell me how much one loves and I will tell you how much he has seen of God.
Tell me how much he loves and I will tell you how much he lives with God. Tell
me how much he loves and I will tell you how far into the Kingdom of
Heaven,—the kingdom of harmony, he has entered, for "love is the fulfilling of
the law."
And in a sense love is everything. It is the key to life, and its influences are those
that move the world. Live only in the thought of love for all and you will draw
love to you from all. Live in the thought of malice or hatred, and malice and
hatred will come back to you.
And so love inspires love; hatred breeds hatred. Love and good will stimulate
and build up the body; hatred and malice corrode and tear it down. Love is a
savor of life unto life; hatred is a savor of death unto death.

2 comments:

Sabina said...

I thought I had already joined this peace train but somehow I forgot to put it on my blogroll - sorry about that. LOVE this blog - and it is now officially on my blog roll(ing)! ;)

Unknown said...

The picture in this makes me smile :)

Here's a blog you might want to check out - http://ramblepointlessly.blogspot.com/

Keep the Love Train chugging along - its wonderful!
xx